The installation of Plantation Shutters is a great idea as they offer a lot of benefits, but sometimes they do not match the curtains and it doesn’t look good so if you want to know how to pair plantation shutters with curtains then read this guide for some of the best ideas.
The pairing of plantation shutters with the curtains will completely change the look of your room and in order to achieve it, you have to consider a lot of factors that you will learn later in this article.
Now that you have chosen one of the best window coverings, let’s learn more!
Things to consider when pairing plantation shutters with curtains:
Before learning how to pair plantation shutters with curtains, have a look at the details below:
- If you have made up your mind that you will use plantation shutters for windows then select the shutter first before buying curtains.
- When choosing the plantation shutters, make sure to select neutral shades. Light-colored shutters work best with bold curtains.
- The size of the curtains must be precisely measured, and the curtain pole should be raised higher than the window frame.
- If you want to pair plantation shutters with curtains then make sure to choose the curtain rail that matches them, otherwise, it will spoil the look of your room. It is also important to consider the size of the rail, it should be of perfect size.
- To avoid blocking the opening of your shutter panels, you might want to move the curtain pole so install shutters first and then start with the curtains.
How to pair plantation shutters with curtains?
Many homeowners prefer both shutters and curtains for their windows as they offer many benefits. To pair plantation shutters with curtains efficiently, read the details below:
Use Panel Curtains:
When you use panel curtains with shutters, it looks so good and provides the flexibility of moving shutters. Choose the light fabric for the curtains and its color shouldn’t be dark, otherwise, it will suppress the beauty of plantation shutters.
You can simply push the curtains aside when you need more natural light inside and it is very easy to remove and install again so if you are the one who likes to change the appearance of the room often, this would be the perfect way for you.
Use Long rods:
If you use long rods for installing curtains, you will be able to easily slide them to the side especially if your windows are small as it will make them appear big.
It is recommended that you mount them at least six-inch to the side and above your window frame to make your window look classy and tall.
It is essential that you measure all the sides effectively and then choose the design of the curtain. Make sure to mount the curtain rails by considering the space between the window and the ceiling.
When pairing plantation shutters with curtains, it is also a good idea to use tiebacks to add a formal look to your room.
Tiebacks are available in different sizes and styles including plain, plaited, and pipped. The good thing is that these are not pricey and will provide a luxurious look.
Which type of Curtains looks good with Plantation shutters?
It doesn’t matter if you have chosen wooden strips for a window blind or any other material, choosing the right type of curtains with plantation shutters is the key to adding a beautiful look to your room, here are some ideas:
If you are looking for something that could provide complete privacy then blackout curtains will work best for you, they look quite good with plantation shutters.
Have you given it a thought? It will surely be a great idea as they not only look good but maintain the room temperature as well. These basically provide insulation, using them with plantation shutters works fine.
For a luxurious and cool appearance, you can buy sheer curtains. They are very soft and their net-like texture works best with plantation shutters.
You can use these curtains with plantation covers to add elegance to your room. Grommet curtains are simple to open and close because they glide along the rod with ease.
Tips to pair plantation shutters with curtains:
Now that you know how to pair plantation shutters with curtains, here are some tips to help you with the process:
- If you often think that the design of your room is unbalanced and doesn’t look good then you can pair window shutter with curtains in a way that completes the look of your room and add style to it.
- When installing curtains on window shutters, the length of the curtains plays an important role. If you want the curtain panel to look fascinating, choose the ideal length.
- Are you a daydreamer? Then choose opaque curtains but most people like to pair window shutters with sheer curtains as they appear quite lovely and enhance the look of the window.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is to choose the right size of rods, shutter staples, pins, brackets, and other hardware and accessories to make the pairing look perfect.
We hope that you found the above-shared details useful and now you can easily Pair Plantation Shutters With Curtains to give your room a beautiful and stylish look.
The type of curtain fabric, design, and measurement is the key to getting the perfect results so choose wisely.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I pair plantation shutters with curtains?
Yes, you can pair them with curtains to add a more beautiful look to the window but if you want to do it the right way then take guidance first and collect all the related information.
Can you put sheers over the shutters?
It is a good idea to pair sheer curtains with shutters, they look quite elegant but make sure to use them only for framing.