Roof replacements may be costly, and most homeowners will try to postpone this costly home improvement for as long as possible. In the meanwhile, you may either conduct simple repairs or patch jobs that won’t cost you much money at the moment, or you can hire a roofing specialist to do substantial roof repairs that will make your old roof survive for years. When your existing roof has been in use for 15 – 20 years, it’s difficult to choose the best repair or replacement selection. Here are some pointers to help you decide whether a repair job is sufficient or whether a full roof replacement is a better option.
It’s time to repair your roof if it’s leaking or has missing tiles. Roof repairs are typically a quick and simple remedy that is performed by a professional. It is crucial to realise, however, that roof repair is not always a permanent solution. The issue may reoccur in the future, and if so, you will need to repair it again.
- A roof repair is usually relatively straightforward.
- A qualified contractor can complete this task.
- Repairs are the most affordable options
- Because this is a temporary solution, the problem is likely to reoccur in the future.
- Will not be as long-lasting as a new roof.
- If the damage is too severe, this may not be possible.
If your roof is over 20-30 years old or significantly damaged, replacing it may be your best option. A new roof will protect your home from the harsh weather while also increasing its energy efficiency. If your roof’s tiles have become weak over time, this may be the most efficient way to extend its life.
- Adds considerable value to your property
- Will ensure no secondary damage or further damage to your home
- A new roof can last up to 15-20 years
- The most costly roof option
- Most roof replacements can take 1-2 days to complete which can bring disruption to your home.
If you want to make a cosmetic modification to your roof while fixing some repairs, a restoration is probably the best and most cost-effective solution. Damaged portions can be repaired, and worn-out roofs can be restored to look brand new. Roof restoration is less expensive than replacing your roof and, if done properly, can protect your roof from leaks and other damages for up to ten years. Rooftop rebuilding is demonstrated by growth and greenery, free or broken rooftop flashings, corroded or decaying wood, openings in the rooftop, water finishes on the roofs, and blurred paints.
- It is less expensive than roof replacement.
- It can improve the aesthetic of your property while also extending the life of your existing roof materials.
- It fixes any problems with your roof.
- It reseals the tile surface.
- Depending on the quality of the current roof materials, it may not be practicable for some roofs.
- More expensive than just repairing the damages without the aesthetic makeover
If you’re like the majority of homeowners, you probably don’t consider your roof until something goes wrong. By then, it may be too late to do anything but fix or replace it. As a homeowner it can be hard to know the extent of the damages to your roof and whether or not you need a full replacement or just a simple restoration or repair. Contact your local roofing company if you’re unsure what option is suitable for you.