Suppose you want to improve the look of your home or the functionality of your business, or both, but you need to decide which is best. In that case, consider epoxy flooring. In this post, we’ll talk about the most important benefits of using epoxy that make it stand out the most.
Why Is Epoxy Flooring The Best Among The Rest?
Epoxy floor coating meets all the needs of every homeowner and business owner. Here’s a list of things that show how it caters to everyone:
Looks Like A Million Bucks
With epoxy flooring, you can customize the look of your floor to fit your specific needs and preferences. Here is how versatile epoxy flooring design can be:
- It has massive coloring options.
- Applicable to formerly resurfaced and stamped concrete in Ancaster, check out texturock.com.
- Metallic epoxy coating from Orange Country Decorative Concrete can mimic the look of stones like Marble, Quartz, and Terrazzo.
- The 3D Epoxy Coating helps create custom-printed designs of sceneries.
- It is naturally glossy, but you can coat it as matte.
- It can match any existing house style or aesthetic.
- Mixable with any anti-skid additives to make it safer.
Stands The Test Of Time
Epoxy forms a solid protective layer over your existing concrete floor. That makes it an ideal choice for high-traffic areas. Some of the benefits of epoxy’s durability include the following:
- Resistant to oil spills and stains
- Resistant to most chemicals.
- Resistant to damage from heavy machinery or equipment.
- Long-lasting and able to withstand daily weather
Keeps Everyone Safe
Epoxy flooring can increase any space’s safety because of the abovementioned things. That makes it ideal for always wet areas like the kitchen, laundry, bathroom, and garage. Here’s a list of how it makes everyone safer:
- Better grip, especially when the roads are wet.
- It provides more safety in places where spills often happen.
- It reflects light better, so it’s easier to see what’s happening around you and spot danger.
- It doesn’t soak up water, so it won’t crack easily and cause an accident.
Aside from saving people from dangers and accidents, it can also help sustain the wellness of the people around it. That makes it an excellent choice for homes, schools, and healthcare facilities. Here’s how epoxy floor does that:
- A seamless appearance means no grout lines that can harbor bacteria and molds.
- It will lead to fewer allergens or irritants in the air.
- It creates a safe space where you can sit in comfort.
Installation of epoxy coating is a cinch with a quick turnaround time. Some related benefits of how easy it is to install epoxy are:
- Little to no change to your daily routine.
- It doesn’t need special tools or equipment.
- Few floor preparation before pouring epoxy.
Epoxy floors can help you relax during the cleaning since it only requires regular sweeping and mopping. That makes it ideal for busy areas. Here are more reasons why:
- It can last up to 15-20 years, so there is no need for frequent refinishing or resealing.
- To shine easily, it only needs a mop, water, and simple cleaning solutions.
A Bang For The Buck
Compared to other flooring options, epoxy is relatively inexpensive, making it an attractive choice for those on a budget. Furthermore, its durability and low-maintenance requirements mean you’ll save money in the long run by not having to replace or repair your flooring constantly. Here’s how it is a worthwhile investment:
- It doesn’t get broken easily, so you won’t need to call a maintenance specialist for refinishing.
- No need for expensive cleaning products or equipment.
- It improves your property value.
Epoxy was once known to be bad for the environment because it is a petroleum-based composition that releases VOCs (volatile organic compounds) during curing. However, some manufacturers started innovating to offer environmental-friendly options like:
- Low-VOC epoxy products are less than 100 grams per liter (g/L).
- VOC-free epoxy products (No VOC).
Strong With A Beauty
Epoxy is a good choice for homes and commercial flooring because it’s affordable, easy to use, doesn’t need much maintenance, and lasts a long time. If you want to improve your home’s or business’s look and safety, consider hiring concrete epoxy installers near you.