So you’ve just decided to install LED lights in your warehouse or workshop, but the wiring is a little bit more complicated than you were expecting. In this article, we’ll give you some insight on how to take care of the DIY wiring job and also show you how easy it can be!
What is High Bay LED Lighting?
High bay LED lighting is a type of lighting that is used in large, open spaces. It is often used in warehouses and factories, as it gives a bright and uniform light. To install high bay LED lights, you will need to use wire that is thicker than standard wire. AWG wire is the type of wire you need for this project. AWG wire has a thickness of 18AWG or more. This means that it can handle higher electrical loads and is more resistant to corrosion.
To install high bay LED lights, you will first need to purchase the luminaire LED lights. You can find these lights online or at your local hardware store. Once you have the LED lights, you will need to connect them to your power source. You can do this by connecting them to an outlet or using a power cord. Next, you will need to connect the wires from the LED lights to the thicker wire. You can do this by using a connector or crimping tool. Finally, you will need to attach the thicker wire to the ceiling or wall using screws or nails.
How to Install High Bay LED Lights
If you are looking to install high bay LED lights in your garage or shop, then you will need to use the correct type of wire. 18 AWG gauge electrical wire is the best option for this installation because it is strong and can handle the high voltage that is required for these lights.
To install high bay LED lights, you will first need to purchase the lights. You can find these lights online or in stores that sell electrical supplies. Once you have purchased the lights, you will need to remove the old light fixture. This can be done by unscrewing the light bulb holder and removing the light bulb.
Next, you will need to purchase a wiring kit that includes AWG wire. The kit will come with instructions on how to attach the wire to the light fixture and connect the wires to the power supply. Once everything is connected, you can reinstall the light fixture and enjoy your new high bay LED lights!
Materials Needed for Installation
To install high bay LED lights, you will need the following materials:
- 18 AWG wire
- Wire cutters
- Jumper cables
- Start by unplugging the power to the lights you are removing. This will allow you to move the light without fear of it turning on in your face.
- Strip the ends of the AWG wire about 1/2 inch from each end. Make sure not to nick or damage the insulation on either end of the wire.
- Cut each end of the wire into three equal pieces. Make sure that each piece is at least 18 inches long.
- Screw one end of each piece of wire into one of the light fixtures. Be sure to use screws that are compatible with the fixture. The screw should go into the wall behind the fixture, and not through the light itself.
- Jumper cable each piece of wire to both another light fixture and a power source (such as an outlet). Be sure to label each connection with a marker so that you can easily identify it later on.
- Always wear appropriate safety gear when working with high bay LED lights.
- Cut the AWG wire to the correct length before connecting it to the light fixture.
- Secure the wire to the fixture using wire nuts or a connector ring.
- Be sure to use a ground wire if necessary.
- Turn on the power to the LED light and test it out before installing it in your high bay.