Sometimes repairing your garage door can be as simple as sanding and repainting. In other situations, there are major damages and fixing it yourself isn’t plausible.
You may just want to repair your garage door because you’re selling your house and you want to increase your home’s curb appeal. Some other common reasons you may need to repair your garage door are;
- Grinding or other strange noises – If your garage door is making a grinding noise or other strange sounds, it may be the chain, belt or cables. New chains range from $50 to $200. New belts range from $80 to $200. New cables range from $100 to $400.
- Age – If you’ve had your garage door for multiple years and have yet to replace or repair it since you moved in, a simple fix may not be enough. You may need to replace your garage door because it’s outdated.
- Dents – Dents can be a simple fix, especially if you have an aluminum or fiberglass garage door.
- Sensors – If your garage door isn’t opening and closing properly, it may be time to repair your garage door. Ensure your garage door remote is working properly before looking into repairs and replacement.
If you practice routine maintenance on your garage door, you could save yourself a lot of money annually.
Benefits of Repairing Your Garage Door
Other than increasing your home’s curb appeal and preventing further damage, there are many benefits of repairing your garage door. Some other benefits of repairing your garage door are;
- Increase security –Repairing your garage door makes your home less susceptible to theft.
- Increases safety – If your garage door isn’t working properly, fixing it can decrease safety hazards such as your garage door closing on you or your loved one.
- Lower energy costs – Repairing the cracks or holes in your garage door will prevent heat from leaking out.
- Increase market value – Something as simple as repairing your garage door can increase the market value of your home.
- Reduce noise – If your garage door is squeaking or making other obnoxious noises, repairing your garage door is wise. You’ll reduce noise pollution and bring a sense of peace to your home.
If your garage door has major damage and repairing it yourself just isn’t an option, you can always hire a professional for your garage door repair.
Nic Levin is a residential garage door technician with over 10 years of experience working with and being around garage doors. His father has a business that has been in business for 22+ years and the experience has been handed down to Nic.
Read more interesting articles at Home Creatives